October 2, 2020
Assistant Photographer Position Open!
I cannot even begin to describe what a joy it has been to serve all of our amazing couples and families at Fieldstone Photography! This year has been one of growth and change by adding Liana to the FSP Team. We have absolutely LOVED working together and being able to grow the Fieldstone Brand together. Today, I’m excited to announce that we are growing again! We are looking for an assistant wedding photographer who will be the perfect fit for the Fieldstone team.
If you are interested in this position, or if you have a friend that would be interested, please thoroughly read the guidelines below. The link to apply can be found at the bottom of this blogpost.
All Applications are due no later than October 23, 2020.
We cannot wait to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has a natural eye, gift, and passion for wedding photograph
- Someone that is friendly, outgoing, and a people person
- Someone that is a fast learner
- Someone who is organized and task driven
- A great work ethic is super important to us, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, and is very responsible
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and contribute to our team
- Someone who values communication, feedback, and growth (personally and professionally)
- It is a bonus if you already have experience in photography, but it is not necessary to apply for this position
- Must be physically capable of being up on feet and moving constantly for 8-10 hours
- Must be able to lift 45+ lbs
Things you can expect from us, if you end up joining our team:
– How to become a successful assistant photographer
– How to contribute to and interact with a small (and wonderful!) team
– Vendor relationships & networking
– What it takes to make weddings, sessions, and editorial/styled shoots successful
– Constant feedback and encouragement
- This will be a position that is compatible with another part time or full time job.
- Pay ranges from $15-30/hr based on capabilities and skill
- This position does not include in-studio / office work, but it will require that you be available on Saturdays (for weddings), at big team events, and regular team meetings.
- You do not need to own your own photography equipment, but if you already do, that is a big bonus.
- We are looking for a long term Fieldstone Team Member. If you desire to start your own photography business this is not the fit for you.
- We are not in a rush to hire, and we won’t if we don’t find the right fit for our team.
- We will be training you to have the “Fieldstone look,” while drawing out your personal style as a photographer. We believe that the photographer’s creative eye goes hand in hand with our streamlined processes of shooting weddings.
- If you love taking photos but hate the business side of photography, you could be the perfect fit!
If you have carefully read all of the above and would still like to apply, you can do that here!
We can’t wait to hear from you!